[Geany-Users] Geany “send current selection to” command line or batch file(as argument) or browser in Windows

Little Girl littlergirl at xxxxx
Sat Nov 7 19:45:16 UTC 2015

Hey there,

VIVEK SHAH wrote:

> Do you really think, I haven't even tried the example in the
> documentation yet ?
>
> I already told you I tried applying url into context menu action
> like 'firefox "http://www.php.net/%s"' or 'chrome
> "http://www.php.net/%s"' in Geany in Windows 7, but it's not
> working the url passed to browser is http://www.php.net/%s why %s
> is not interpreted it SHOULD be interpreted in all OSes including
> Windows.

I took a look at this page:

http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands

It's not written very clearly (sorry, devs!). Here's a more clear set
of instructions that should get it working for you:

1) Left-click the Edit menu.
2) Left-click on Preferences.
3) Left-click on Tools.
4) Paste this into the Context action box: firefox "http://www.php.net/%s"
5) Left-click the Apply button.
6) Left-click the OK button.

Now you can select any text in Geany, right-click, and choose Context
Action from the menu. It will run that action, replacing the %s with
the selected text.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for asking about this. I had no idea Geany
could do that. (:

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.