[Geany-Users] Geany “send current selection to” command line or batch file(as argument) or browser in Windows

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 5 20:25:48 UTC 2015

On 6 November 2015 at 05:14, VIVEK SHAH <viveklucky1848 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well is there any general global variable (like GEDIT_CURRENT_SELECTION for
> Gedit) which stores the currently selected word so I can send it to browser
> like "firefox http://php.net/%s" or "chrome http://php.net/%s" in
> Windows/Ubuntu linux geany ?

The manual gives an example of using the context action for this.

> How many variables are there like (%s) in geany and where can I get list of
> them and their usage possibilities ?

Substitutions applicable vary depending on the context, they are
documented in the manual under the relevant context.