[Geany-Users] Geany “send current selection to” command line or batch file(as argument) or browser in Windows

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Nov 4 22:51:36 UTC 2015

On 5 November 2015 at 06:03, Vivek <viveklucky1848 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Geany version 1.25 on Windows 7 x64.
>
> I tried to send current selected text by setting `Context Menu >> Format >>
> Send selection to` but it isn't working.
>
> I can't figure out how to send current open file's selected text to any of
> the below options:
>
>  1. Windows Terminal
>  2. Self-executable Batch file
>  3. Browser(firefox or chrome, running as command)

What exactly is the command you are using?

Do these programs read text from their standard input and send the
result to their standard output?  Note the output from the commands
replaces the selection, see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands.

> %s is not displaying anything at all, just blank.

This does not relate to custom commands, its used in the context
action command, see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#context-actions