[Geany-Users] geany on hidpi screen

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Mar 15 13:12:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le 11/03/2015 17:45, Alessandro Pasotti a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Geany on Kubuntu with an hidpi 4k screeen, it works fine
> except for the tab close icons

This may be because of
https://github.com/geany/geany/blob/master/src/notebook.c#L628-L629
perhaps you could try commenting out those two calls an,d see if it helps?

> and the tree icons (both in the code window for fold/unfold

Hum, this doesn't surprises me, as Scintilla uses pixel sizes here and
we don't explicitly support HiDPI on our side.  However, I think maybe
latest Scintilla has something for this, so maybe it'd be worth trying.

BTW, which version of Geany do you use?  Could you try the Git
(development) version and see if anything is better?

> and the files tree).

The *files* tree icons?  Which do you mean?  if it was the icons in the
Symbols pane I could understand because AFAIK as Matthew pointed out we
only have 16x16 icons for those, but the icons for the Documents and
Files [1] panes are entirely on the GTK toolkit control (we only ask for
an icon from the theme, not a specific size).

[1] which is fro the filebrowser core plugin.

> Is there any setting for those icons size?

There might be at the GTK level, but I would think not-prehistoric GTK
versions would handle symbolic sizes just fine on HiDPI by itself.

Regards,
Colomban