[Geany-Users] 1.25 incorrectly detecting file changes

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jul 21 23:18:15 UTC 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 04:42, Tim Tisdall <tisdall at gmail.com> wrote:
> I keep getting the "The file 'somefile.txt' on the disk is more recent than
> the current buffer." message after ~30 seconds on each save.

This has turned up very occasionally in the past, it is due to the
network filesystem reporting a local time for the file modification
time whilst the actual modification time on the remote system doesn't
exist yet (because the writing hasn't finished).  Its an attempt to
make the networked filesystem look more responsive.

So the two times disagree.  This does not happen on the local
filesystems since there is only one time.

So when Geany compares the time of the file modification 30secs later
it finds it different and notifies you.

There may be some option you can set on the FUSE filesystem to stop it
doing that and maybe the latest Ubuntu has changed the default.