[Geany-Users] [Geany-Devel] Geany-Plugins website down because of issue at sf

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Jul 20 20:32:14 UTC 2015

Le 20/07/2015 22:28, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On 20/07/15 14:46, Jiří Techet wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM, Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Move plugins.geany.org to github pages. https://pages.github.com/
>>> Attaches right to the repositories where the site source is.
>
> I'm not keen on relying more and more on Github.
> It's great service they offer, no doubt here. But since we already host
> some services, especially web pages, I think we should also host
> plugins.geany.org ourselves.

Totally agreed.  BTW, what is plugins2.g.o supposed to be?  It exists,
but it's mostly broken.

>> Or to the geany server - what matters is just to be far away from SF
>> wherever it is...
>
> That's the plan currently.
> Already ealier today I emailed Dominic asking to assist in moving
> plugins.geany.org to the geany server. Just waiting for his feedback.
>
> But I'm afraid we have to wait to SF come back anyway because we
> probably don't have the release tarballs anywhere else than on SF.

Don't we have at least the latest ones, like on Frank's computer, and
the installers on yours?
Anyway, it should be easy to re-create the source tarballs at least,
should be a mere matter of checking out the tag and using make dist/make
sign, right?

Regards,
Colomban