[Geany-Users] Font too small

Ronald Fischer ynnor at xxxxx
Mon Jul 20 09:56:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 15:11, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 17.07.2015 um 14:46 schrieb Ronald Fischer:
> > On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 14:37, Lex Trotman wrote:
> >> Seems the theme for GTK is set too small.
> >>
> >> You should be able to set those with the .gtkrc settings.
> >
> > Where do I have to create this file, so that Geany can find it? From the
> > file name, I guess it should go in my
> > "Home directory", but what is Geany assuming to by my Home on Windows?
>
> I guess it should be inside your .geany at %APPDATA%. Please proof me
> wrong if I'm so.

I tried the following:

- Create a file .gitr in my %APPDATA% directory
- This file contains a single line

   gtk-font-name = "Courier New 16"

- Restart Geany.

This had no visible effect. Either it's the wrong directory, or the
wrong file name, or the wrong syntax for setting the font. I got the
syntax for this from this webpage:

   https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Customizing_GTK_Apps

Ronald