[Geany-Users] Latest version of geany problems

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Tue Jul 14 10:50:07 UTC 2015

On 14/07/15 09:42, Thomas Martitz wrote:
> Plugins also need to be compiled against GTK3. You have to pass
> --enable-gtk3 in the same way.

Sorry about this, I had some old Ubuntu-packaged version of Geany
installed and Geany was trying to load its plugins instead of my own
compiles.

Removed the cruft, recompiled and everything is fine. However,
--enable-gtk3 doesn’t seem to work on the geany-plugins git. But the
autogen’d build scripts do pick up on the fact that they are building
for the installed instance of Geany, which is better. :)

>> A big thank you to everyone who contributed to this release. Geany
>> goes from strength to strength, and in 20 years’ I look forward to
>> telling people “I was using Geany before it was cool.”
>
> It's been always cool :>

I didn’t mean to imply otherwise :) Unfortunately, Tom Cruise, John
Travolta and the other celebrity members serve to broaden the appeal of
the sinister sci-fi cult that is the Church of Emacs, or at least I
think that’s what I heard...

James

--
James Brierley
http://ppu8.co.uk/~james/

The key to solving the world’s problems is the
realisation that we cannot eat freedom.