[Geany-Users] [ANN] Geany 1.25 is out!

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Jul 12 17:56:48 UTC 2015

After another long delay, we are finally happy to announce a new release
of Geany!

For a comprehensive list of changes please see:
http://www.geany.org/Documentation/ReleaseNotes

Some highlights:

* Fix spawning programs on Windows (for real this time!, Dimitar
  Zhekov).
* Use native Windows quoting rules for commands on Windows.
* Fix and improve MacOS X support (Jiří Techet).
* Show document-related dialogs embedded in the main window ("info
  bars") (Matthew Brush and Thomas Martitz).
* Huge tag management performance improvement (auto-completion,
  calltips, etc.) (Jiří Techet).
* Update Scintilla to 3.5.6.
* GTK3 support, while not enabled by default, is now considered stable.
* Add support for single-line regular expressions.
* Add filetypes CoffeScript (Mark Dresselhaus), JSON, Zephir.
* Significantly improved filtypes CSS, Erlang (Beng Tan), Go (Jiří
  Techet), JavaScript, Make, PowerShell, Txt2tags.
* Update translations: be, ca, cs, de, el, es, fr, id, it, ja, nl, pl,
  pt_BR, pt, ru, sl, sr, sv, zh_CN.

We want to thank all developers, translators and everyone who
contributed to this release with patches, feedback, bug reports and so
on.  Thank you!

As usual, all downloads can be found on
http://www.geany.org/Download/Releases.  But this time you'll also find
a MacOS X DMG, thanks to Jiří Techet!

Additionally, to try and avoid another long delay before the next
version, we decided to try and embrace a time-based 4 months release
schedule.  If we can stick to it, next release should come out around
November 15.

- Colomban