[Geany-Users] Homebrew Geany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jan 11 13:14:21 UTC 2015

On 15-01-11 04:01 AM, Jonas Thiel wrote:
> Dear all,
> today I recognized, that Geany can not longer downloaded via Homebrew on OS X.
> After I entered "brew install geany" in Terminal these lines occur:
> Error: No available formula for geany
> Searching formulae...
> Searching taps...
> homebrew/x11/geany
> Did I miss any changes?
> I thank you all in advance and wish a quiet Sunday.
> Cheers,
> Jonas

Hi,

The homebrew packages/repositories are maintained by third parties so
you might have more luck to report to the maintainers of those packages.

It appears X11 has been removed from OSX[0] (apparently in 10.7), so
that could be why it doesn't work anymore. I'm not sure but this[1]
might be useful.

You could also try macports, and/or installing Geany (and GTK+ and
friends) against Quark instead of X11. I put some info on the wiki a few
years ago that might also be useful.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush

[0]: http://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201341