[Geany-Users] [ANN] Geany for OS X

HikariKnight rshikariknight+rsu at xxxxx
Wed Feb 4 14:35:44 UTC 2015

Jiří Techet <techet at ...> writes:

> Hi everyone,
> in the last couple of weeks I've been playing with Geany on OS X and
got it to the state where Geany is fully functional, integrated with OS
X and have a self-contained app bundle so Geany can be distributed
without any additional external dependencies. Apart from the few
limitations listed below I'm not aware of any problems.

> This is where I would find it very useful if the brave souls among you
who are not scared of running unknown binaries from the Internet and who
use OS X could try out the binaries I uploaded here:

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2554438/Geany-1.25git.dmg
>

> Any feedback is welcome.
>

> Features:
> * Integrated menubar
> * Opening files from Finder using Open With
> * Opening files using drag and drop to Geany icon
> * Double-click on project file in Finder opens the project
> * Retina font rendering
> * All basic plugins (without extra dependencies) and themes included
by default

> Limitations:
> * The VTE terminal is missing (VTE doesn't work, seems to be a problem
in VTE itself)
> * Scrolling the editor window is somewhat slow using the mouse
>
> Requirements:
> * OS X 10.7 or higher (I have tested just with Yosemite)
> * x64 processor
>

> I will try to get all the necessary patches into Geany mainline (some
are already being reviewed, some - the integration ones - I haven't
published yet) and will make a github project with the app bundle
creation instructions + all the necessary config files, themes, icons,
etc. I also plan to provide OS X binaries for all the future Geany
releases.