[Geany-Users] Backup file needed, especially after crash

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Dec 10 11:31:58 UTC 2015

Am 10.12.2015 um 11:43 schrieb Ronald Fischer:
> Once in a while, Geany crashes with a Java Runtime error (no detailed
> description), and especially in this case, having a backup file would be
> great.

What? Geany doesn't involve a single piece of Java. The crashes are
specific to your system.

> Ideally, Geany should be configurable to
>
>   - write a backup file on every "Save" operation, and
> -  write an additional backup file ever N minutes.
>
> Can this be configured somehow? I could not find in the settings any
> configuration for doing a backup.
>
> This is Geany 1.25 for Windows....

There is the saveactions plugin which can be configured to do periodic
backups and on save.  It's part of the geany-plugins umbrella project.
Get it from here:

Best regards