[Geany-Users] adding manual code folding points for geany

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Aug 24 09:20:44 UTC 2015

Code folding is provided by C++ code from Scintilla and compiled into
Geany.  One example is the LexFortran.cxx you have.  You would need
such a lexer for your language.  The lexer usually also gives you
syntax highlighting for the language.

As its compiled into Geany you need the Geany source code from github.
You will then find the LexFortran.cxx (and friends) in the
scintilla/lexers/ directory.

You need to read the hacking file in the Geany top level which
describes how to add a new lexer and the scintilla documentation and
the example of all the other lexers.  The lexers are simply state
machines so an electrical engineer should have no trouble with them.