[Geany-Users] Users Digest, Vol 118, Issue 1

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Tue Aug 4 13:07:48 UTC 2015

Am 04.08.2015 um 14:34 schrieb Drake, JD:
> While we are on the topic of searches I have noticed that if the find or replace dialog is already open, highlighting a variable and doing a ctl-f or ctl-h doesn't replace the existing "search for" with the new highlighted value.  This would be a very nice feature for us when doing successive search/replace.

Someone recently asked for that as well. The problem is that not
everyone likes to lose his search term when doing another search.

It is easy enough to simply close the search window when you're planning
to search for a different word. In fact, Geany even has the nice option
to automatically close the search window. You can continue search with
keybindings (I think ctrl+g and ctrl+shift+g by default). Naturally, if
you hit ctrl+f again in this scenario the search term will be replaced.

This is IMO the most convinient search mode.

PS: Please do not top-post.

Best regards.