[Geany-Users] Find and replace in files

Pedro Albuquerque palbuquerque73 at xxxxx
Mon Aug 3 21:37:17 UTC 2015

Well, I didn't mean to start a discussion, although it sometimes is
healthy.

Anyway, when we find in files, currently, we get a list of files on the
bottom panel. From there, we can open those files, one by one, and
replace the strings. Which is, to say the least, very time consuming.

Of course, such a feature involves risks. I'm not a developer, coder,
programmer or anything like it, but I know for sure that, before doing
such an operation, even for a single file, I should make a backup of all
it's involved.

If this feature where to be implemented, maybe a suggestion  to the user
or even an automatic backup for undo operation could accompany it.

It was just an idea. I'm using command line to do it (find, sed, bla,
bla), as I know what I'm doing. I just thought it would make life easier
for gui users. :-/
Sorry for disturbing!

Regards,
Pedro.