[Geany-Users] geany does (no longer) start

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 1 08:18:48 UTC 2014

On 30 September 2014 11:19, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 14-09-29 07:04 AM, Andreas Tscharner wrote:
>>
>> Hello World,
>>
>> On an up-to-date Debian unstable, geany does no longer start, I get the
>> following message instead:
>>
>> Attempt to unlock mutex that was not locked
>>
>> Does anyone know what this means? I have already filed a bug in the
>> Debian BTS, but I am sure the Debian maintainer of geany is happy if I
>> can provide a little bit more information.
>>

> Most useful is a GDB backtrace as explained on this page:
>
> http://www.geany.org/Support/Bugs
>
> Since it's probably a bug in GLib/GIO/GTK+

Yes agree, the word "mutex" does not appear in Geany Linux code.

Looks like glib's new tests caught itself or another one of the other
libraries abusing mutexen.  Thats what the tests are there for :)

(Geany doesn't use much threads