[Geany-Users] Geany and Python 2.7.8

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Nov 15 20:49:00 UTC 2014

On 14-11-15 12:15 PM, james bernard wrote:
> HelloI have installed Geany 1.24 on my HP ENVY dv7 laptop running
> windows 8.1. I used Geany to write a small program. When I tried to
> execute the program(Pygame) I got the following error message File
> "C:\Python 27\clock.py , line 1, in <module> import time,PygameImport
> error: No module named Pygamethe set build commands areCompile
> python -m py_compile "%f"Make            makeMake Custom Target
> makeMake Object            make %e,oExecute                "%f"Could
> anyone please let me know what I'm doing wrong.

It's hard to tell without any line breaks what's you problem, but maybe
you haven't installed PyGame properly? You could try to go to the
Windows Command Prompt and run:

   C:\> python your_script_here.py

If that works, it means Python/PyGame is setup OK and it should work in
Geany. If not, it probably means your Python/PyGame isn't installed
properly (ex. PyGame isn't in Python module search path or such).

Cheers,
Matthew Brush