[Geany-Users] Using Geany for Zephir sources

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu May 15 18:29:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

Le 15/05/2014 17:17, Stéphane Mourey a écrit :
> Well, thanks for your time. I may have look one day.

I created https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/270 which was fairly
straightforward.  It's not much tested as I don't know Zephir (yet?),
but should work fine.  One limitation however is that it won't parse
variables as it seems Zephir don't use $ mark, but that could probably
be fixed relatively easily if knowing the language.

> Meanwhile, the trick is to start with a commented PHP opening tag
> like this : // <?php

Yeah, this will work.

>>> So, now, I think that I do not need to make a new parser for
>>> Zephir, as the PHP one works to locate Zephir symbols, at least
>>> for classes and methods which are the most useful symbols for me.
>>> Some work is certainly required for properties and variables, but
>>> I can live without for a while.

Maybe you use an earlier Geany version, but since 1.24 the PHP tag
parser is a lot more clever, and also requires proper PHP open tags.
With the "//<?php" trick it will of course work, but it won't without.

Regards,
Colomban