[Geany-Users] Error regular expression

Slavko Kocjancic eslavko at xxxxx
Sun May 11 06:51:46 UTC 2014

On 05/10/2014 09:13 PM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Sat, 10 May 2014 16:59:40 +0200
> Slavko Kocjancic <eslavko at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have some strange compiler but want to have option for geany to
>> highlight the line with error.
>> But I have no idea how to setup 'error regular expression' to manage that.
>> In the output of compiler there are line describing error in format:
>> path/file space lineNumber error message.
>> for example:
>>
>> /home/slavko/PLC/plc.asm 94 nepoznan ukaz >MMOV
>>
>> thet means the file '/home/slavko/PLC/plc.asm' has error in line 94 and
>> 'nepoznan ukaz >MMOV' describe error.
>>
>> So what expression i need tor that?
> "(.+) ([0-9]+) " without the quotes.
> Search the documentation for error_regex.

I searched the documentation but there is only few lines on that
subject. And from that i'm unable to solve the problem.
The "(.+) ([0-9]+) " works but has some problems. The near all output of
compiler like "compiling_pass 1" are accepted as errors. I try to modifi
the expression to be more precise like "(.+) ([0-9]+) (nepoznan)" and it
works. But there are a lot of messages so I try with "(.+) ([0-9]+)
(nepoznan|izven|podan)" and it works but there are tens of messages so
it's not practical to use that. On the other hands I figured that symbol
 > is after message. But I can't find solution how to make to work with
that. "(.+) ([0-9]+) (>)" doesn't work. I think I need to somehow filter
out string betwen error line number and >.
Any help?