[Geany-Users] different desktop themes

Kevin McCormick kev4321 at xxxxx
Tue Jun 17 15:23:30 UTC 2014

I just installed geany-1.24.1 on my Slackware 14.1 x86_64 system.  I had
set my /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc file to point to the oxygen-gtk theme.  Geany
seemed to be using a lot of memory and cpu time, causing my cpu fan to
start whirring. Geany was also very slow in the preferences
configuration dialog.  This had never happened with geany before.  I
reset the etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc to point to Clearlooks-Classic and geany
quieted down and the preferenced dialog seemed to be normal again.
Maybe there is something in the interface handling of themes that needs
some attention.

Thanks,
Kevin