[Geany-Users] Can't copy and paste out of Geany

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Jun 2 23:57:58 UTC 2014

On 14-06-02 09:54 AM, PC Haycock wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I have a copy and paste problem with Geany. I can copy and paste text
> within the geany window. But I can't copy text in geany and then paste into
> other windows.
>
> I am using Geany 0.20. I use putty/xming to access geany remotely from a
> windows 7 machine.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What OS is Geany running on? Does any other GTK+ applications' (ex.
GIMP, Pidgin, etc) clipboards work in this environment? If both ends are
running Windows, you could probably use some other VNC program (like the
builtin Remote Desktop feature in Windows) and just run Geany natively
on the remote machine, this should not show any issues with the clipboards.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush