[Geany-Users] I want to run a c program on Prisoner's Dilemma in Geany but can't

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sun Jul 20 15:06:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014 20:03:36 +0530
Rajib Bandopadhyay <bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I revised my c language using Geany from last year, and have been
> using Geany since.

> I want to run a c program in Geany downloaded from the link below, but
> can't. The code is in Borland c++.
> https://web.duke.edu/isis/gessler/borland/ipd-2006-evolutionary.zip

This code is in Borland C++ Builder, which is not exactly C++ (most
notably the dfm file). If by "run in Geany" you mean Make with the
Build menu and Execute, you'd better write a Makefile which uses the
BCB tools (no other compiler will work, due to the language
differences), and setup the Execute action if needed. If you want to
debug the resulting executable, only the Borland debugger will work.

> I also wanted to run codes in c from the link below, but couldn't:
> http://www.kasprzyk.demon.co.uk/www/alife/dilemma.html

This one looks normally, so please explain what you mean by "couldn't".
Note that Geany does not include a compiler, it runs various compilers
and other tools. By default, the C/C++ files are setup to be compiled by
the GNU Compiler Collection, aka gcc. For debugging, invoke Tools ->
Plugin Manager and check "Scope" (or "debugger", but it's problematic).

--
E-gards: Jimmy