[Geany-Users] Environment variables

Egbert egbert at xxxxx
Fri Jan 31 19:55:18 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to use Geany 1.23 for cross compiling for ARM (Gnublin board)
on a Kubuntu 13.10 laptop. I've installed the crosscompiler toolchain
but the compiler (arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc) lives in a very odd place with
a very long pathname. I've added this path to the PATH variable in
.bashrc. When executed In a terminal window the cross compiler works
fine. When entering the name of the compiler in the Geany build
settings, it does not work. Path unknown error.

After searching internet, the only working solution I found seems to be
to add the PATH extension in /etc/profile and indeed this works. Must I
put it In the system wide config? Is that really the one and only
option? Why is .profile of .bashrc in the home directory not evaluated?
I think it's kind of weird. Or am I wrong?

Thanks for any advice!
Egbert Jan, NL