[Geany-Users] Makefile redirction for Make Command

Tim Black tblack at xxxxx
Wed Jan 22 08:24:36 UTC 2014

Hello

In the Manual there is talk of Makefile redirection that is used for "out of tree" compilation.

I am using Geany and have recently migrated a project that uses an Automake VPATH build(s) and now my apps will not build without the use of this Makefile redirection.

Has anyone got an example of this Makefile redirection.  Basically I need to fire off the makefile that now exists in my build tree.  I have two versions of build tree that have different targets and use different versions of gcc so it would also be good to pass an argument that would select one of the targets.

Many Thanks

Tim Black
Senior Developer
Actia UK Ltd
Important: This e-mail is intended for the above named only. It may contain private or confidential information, protected by copyright. If this has been received in error, it should be destroyed or the sender notified. It should not be used except by the intended recipient. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Actia (UK) Ltd.

It is for the recipient to undertake any virus checking and no liability therefore is accepted by the sender.

Actia (UK) Ltd
Registered Office: Unit 81 Mochdre Industrial Estate,
Newtown, Powys. SY16 4LE.
Company Reg. No: 2910867