[Geany-Users] Highlight C function names?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at xxxxx
Fri Jan 17 00:25:07 UTC 2014

* On 2014 16 Jan 17:16 -0600, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>
> > However, a quick test shown that the style identifier (as provided by
> > Scintilla) matches way more than function names only. It highlights also
> > local variables in functions and many more symbols.
> >

> Yeah, thats the problem (my understanding of the OP was they only wanted
> function names highlighted, not variables).

Indeed, only functions and macros called as functions.  Naively,
anything that follows the C rule for a function name, is preceeded by a
word boundary, and succeeded by an opening parenthesis, '(', is what I
would like to highlight.  Years back I used FTE which did this which is
where I became used to it but for various reasons I much prefer Geany.

- Nate