[Geany-Users] tweaking

Frodox Frodox at xxxxx
Fri Feb 7 10:19:24 UTC 2014

On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 12:15:05
Ramsey Darling <rdarling42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically, when I am writing a function, and I add
> braces,  I then place the cursor in between the braces and hit enter.
> The brace drops down to the next line as expected, but indented.

Which Geany version do you use?
I use Geany 1.24 (git >= 79db59d) from git and it works pretty well (even with disabled plugins)
if I write finc(...) {} and then finc(...) {<return>}, it will be
finc(...) {
	<cursor>
}

Do you use any "Completitions - Auto-close quotes..." in the Preferences?

Any way, try to check out Auto-close plugin[1].
(the last version is in author's git-repo; you should install it separately)
Plugin implement better braces auto-closing, than Geany itself,
and indent-control (author wrote it to get rid from the same issue as you)

[1]: https://github.com/scriptum/geany-plugins/tree/autoclose-v0.2/autoclose (branch autoclose-v0.2)