[Geany-Users] Use python virtualenvs in Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Feb 3 21:18:19 UTC 2014

On 03/02/14 11:28, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 3 February 2014 20:48, Sayth Renshaw <flebber.crue at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Enrico that does seem to work on the file I have
>>
>> using bin/python "%f" and %p as my working directory.
>>
>> I can't however get a working version of a /bin/sh -c %p/bin/activate;
>> python %f style virtualenv command. I have tried many versions but just
>> can't get it working. This one finds activate and the file but fails.

I still don't get why you want to use 'activate' in Geany so hard if it
would work even without it.

> Did you actually include the "/bin/sh -c" as part of the command?  Because,
> as I said before, the whole command is already prefixed by /bin/sh -c
> inside Geany.  So then when you included it in the command it ran the part
> before the semicolon in a subshell, so the activate just ran in the
> sub-shell, and the python ran in the top level shell which didn't know any
> of the activate settings
>
> Just run:
>
>  ./bin/activate; python %f
>
> with working dir %p

Sayth, if you'll get it working in some way, it'd be cool if you could
document it in the wiki, https://wiki.geany.org/howtos/start ?