[Geany-Users] Use python virtualenvs in Geany

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 2 11:02:45 UTC 2014

On 02/02/14 01:12, Sayth Renshaw wrote:
> OK using vanilla virtualenv(no wrapper) and with built in project from
> geany I have ~/Projects/Test/bin/activate for virtualenv.
>
> The project is open and so %p as working directory works perfectly, however
> it returns error on source /bin/sh:1 :source "not found.
>
> Updated the command to source bin/activate; python "%f" as thats the usual
> command line activation. still same error.

I'm afraid I wasn't clear enough about what I meant:
Instead of using the 'bin/activate' script at all, just use the Python
interpreter in the virtualenv's bin directory as this should know the
paths already.

Something like this could be your build command:

%p/env/bin/python "%f"

(provided that your virtualenv is called 'env' in the project directory)