[Geany-Users] Tell Geany To Launch HTML Files In Mozilla Firefox on Xubuntu 14.04?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Dec 8 21:47:19 UTC 2014

Le 08/12/2014 22:42, Jesse Palser a écrit :

> On 12/08/2014 04:10 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> Set the preferred browser in Edit->Preferences->Tools->Browser.
>> Normally by default it should be something like x-www-browser on Ubuntu
>> so it should use the default's browser on the system, but you can change
>> it to whatever command you'd like, like "firefox".
>>
>> Alternatively a less slick method is to set the execute command to
>> something like:
>>
>>     firefox "file://%d/%f"
>>
>> instead of the default "builtin", but this will open a terminal window
>> in addition, which will probably be annoying.
>>
>> […]
>
> Hi,
>
> The command works well, but a terminal window opens too?
> Is there a command to tell Geany to open HTML file in Firefox without
> showing terminal window?

OK, I knew I shouldn't have mentioned the second solution :)

Use the first solution: reset the Execute command to "builtin" (without
the quotes) and set edit->preferences->tools->browser to "firefox".