[Geany-Users] Tell Geany To Launch HTML Files In Mozilla Firefox on Xubuntu 14.04?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Dec 8 21:10:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

Le 08/12/2014 21:46, Jesse Palser a écrit :
> Running Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit fully updated.
> Running Geany version 1.23.1 from Ubuntu Software Store.
>
> When I "execute" an HTML file, Geany opens the HTML file in Google Chrome?
> How can I tell Geany to execute and open HTML files in Mozilla Firefox?

Set the preferred browser in Edit->Preferences->Tools->Browser.
Normally by default it should be something like x-www-browser on Ubuntu
so it should use the default's browser on the system, but you can change
it to whatever command you'd like, like "firefox".

Alternatively a less slick method is to set the execute command to
something like:

	firefox "file://%d/%f"

instead of the default "builtin", but this will open a terminal window
in addition, which will probably be annoying.

Hope it helps
Colomban