[Geany-Users] Has anyone experienced Build Commands being stuck as defaults???

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Apr 25 04:36:55 UTC 2014

On 25 April 2014 14:33, Tory Gaurnier <tory.gaurnier at linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On 04/24/2014 09:29 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:

>>> Well, I have no idea what I changed to fix it, but it's working now,
>>> however
>>> I do have to close and reopen Geany any time I change a Build Command
>>> name
>>> (which I'm pretty sure I never had to do before), but that's not too much
>>> of
>>> a problem since Geany closes and opens so fast.
>>
>> Ahhh, which distro?  I vaguely remember a report that the Ubuntu menu
>> hacks cached the menus and they didn't get updated when the
>> application changed them.  Which of course is a problem with a dynamic
>> menu like the build menu.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex

> That could be it, I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, and I did start playing with this
> stuff soon after I upgraded from 13.10, I just didn't think about that
> before :P
>
> Also, the issue first came up when I was playing with the different project
> plugins, like GProject.

Yes, I think it plays with the build stuff or project stuff to achieve
its ends, so maybe it causes changes in the menus.  I don't use either
of the project plugins and havn't looked at their code.