[Geany-Users] Close console

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Apr 20 10:18:49 UTC 2014

On 20 April 2014 20:09, Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:
> Am 20.04.2014 12:07, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>
>> On 20 April 2014 19:22, Slavko Kocjancic <eslavko at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello...
>>>
>>> How to close console window automaticaly (after run command) if errorcode
>>> is
>>> 0?
>>
>> There is no automatic way of closing the terminal because there is no
>> way of knowing if a program outputs any messages of output to stdout
>> or stderr that the user needs to read.  The return code does not
>> provide any indication of that.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>

> There could be a setting for this. This is a major annoyance for a lot of
> people (while the other group depends on the current behavior).

Agreed, though my question would be how do I know that my program is
not going to output a warning message from some library (like glib).

I guess if you are running the program for the hundredth time it might
be unlikely, though as Geany is an IDE the implication is that the
program being run is under development and could output any old
rubbish :)