[Geany-Users] Perl select

Jim Dodgen jim at xxxxx
Mon Sep 2 17:42:34 UTC 2013

thanks for pointing me in the right direction

On my Ubuntu box it was easy to find.

On my windows 8 I had to do some digging around so I thought I should leave
the result here for others.

in the documentation for windows XP the path is  C:\Documents and
Settings\UserName\Application Data\geany
for windows 8 it is c:\users\UserName\Roaming\geany

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:34 AM, Colomban Wendling <
lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> Le 02/09/2013 18:29, Jim Dodgen a écrit :
> > When I double click on a Perl variable like $data it only selects data
> > and misses the $.  Is there anyway to change this behavior?
>
> Add "$" to the Perl wordchars.
>
> In practice, open ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.perl and put
>
> [settings]
> wordchars=$_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
>
> in it (see the doc for details).
>
> Regards,
> Colomban

*