[Geany-Users] Users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 7

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Oct 19 12:59:47 UTC 2013

On 10/19/13 11:53, Mike Miller wrote:

>> From: Enrico Tr?ger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
>> Subject: Re: [Geany-Users] Users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 5
>>
>> basically yes accepting it takes so time and efforts and may cause
>> confusion.
>>
>> So, why and at where exactly do you want to have it renamed?
>
> Because it arrives every day in my inbox with the name:
>
>     Users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 7        users-request at lists....
>
> All my other mailing lists have their name in the title, so I have
> to think, what is that one?  Oh, geany!  That's the one with no name. ;)

Ah ok.
We left the Geany- prefix out of the name on purpose because all
list(-addresses) are on the @lists.geany.org domain, so it is pretty
clear from the list address that it is a mailing list.

I see your use case and that just "Users" isn't that nice for the digest
mails. Unfortunately, Mailman doesn't allow to change the name of the
list without requiring to change the list address as well :(.
So for now, I changed the Mailman code directly to add a Geany- prefix
for the digest mails.
That should do for the moment and hopefully I remember that hack at time
of the next Mailman update :D.