[Geany-Users] Wish List/Annoyances

Ken Dawber KEN at xxxxx
Tue Nov 19 17:11:18 UTC 2013

I use Geany all the time.  Thank you very much. I'm using it on a Puppy
Linux system.   I'm not sure if the second problem is a problem with
Geany or its implementation on the Linux system.

1) The recently used files list often doesn't show the files that I've
been recently editing because I've been editing them for a long time.
That is, they've remained open for a long time and I haven't had to open
them.  When files are constantly edited like that the list just ends up
showing inconsequently files that were only looked at for short
periods.  Whenever a new file is added to the recently used files list,
all files that are currently open should be shifted to the top of the list.

2) I like to have a number of files open within Geany and to reload
these files when I next use Geany.  This works when I directly open
Geany sometime soon after booting the system, but if I happen to click
on a text file previous to opening Geany, then Geany is opened without
the files that I was previously working on.  It then takes some time to
go and find all those files and reopen them.  This is particularly
annoying as most of the time they are not on the recently used files list.

Are there any workarounds for these problems?

Thanks