[Geany-Users] Some questions about tags

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at xxxxx
Mon Nov 18 14:25:20 UTC 2013

>> I don't think so, but I'm not 100% positive.  I'm sure Geany won't
>> recognize a new language added like this, but I'm not 100% sure you
>
> Can anyone else confirm this? IMO this is an important point from the
> extensibility perspective. If a language is not supported out of the
> box you need to be able to configure both geany workhorses: scintilla
> and, in this case, ctags.

Or maybe ctags configuration could be done at the geany language level
(filetypes.*) instead of at the system user level (~/.ctags). That
seems the correct way to do it but also looks harder to implement. I
don't know how difficult it is to initialize the embedded ctags with
specific options or to instruct it to load some initialization file at
startup.