[Geany-Users] Geany list

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 01:41:32 UTC 2013

On 11 November 2013 10:35, James Brierley <jmb8710 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, this has reminded me: I forgot to mention, but perhaps it would be
> possible (for someone) to write a plugin which pipes your code through
> something such as Uncrustify, which is a modern version of the classic Unix
> utility ‘cb’. You would still need to hit a button to beautify your code
> (rather like the XML PrettyPrinter plugin) but at least it might be one way
> of having configurable indentation without costly on-the-fly parsing.

What about
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands

Ok, you need an extra <ctrl>+a to select all before the keybinding for the
command, but two keys isn't too bad :)

BTW do not use astyle for this, it lies through its teeth about working
from a piped stdin, it tries to do a seek on the input and thats not
possible on pipes.  I havn't done it for ages, but uncrustify used to work.