[Geany-Users] Geany list

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Nov 11 00:22:21 UTC 2013

On 13-11-10 03:58 PM, Yosef Or Boczko wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I try to build the Geany Code Format plugin from the git,
> usage the autoget.sh, and I get the follwoing errors (I have
> automake 1.14):
> /autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoheader --force
> usautoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
> r configure.ac:8: installing 'build-aux/compile'
> configure.ac:8: installing 'build-aux/config.guess'
> configure.ac:8: installing 'build-aux/config.sub'
> configure.ac:6: installing 'build-aux/install-sh'
> configure.ac:6: installing 'build-aux/missing'
> automake: warnings are treated as errors
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/am/ltlibrary.am: warning: 'codeformat.la':
> linking libtool libraries using a non-POSIX
> /usr/share/automake-1.14/am/ltlibrary.am: archiver requires 'AM_PROG_AR'
> in 'configure.ac'
> Makefile.am:10: while processing Libtool library 'codeformat.la

Weird. I don't know too much about Autotools but I guess it wants to see
AM_PROG_AR to be placed, for example on line 9 in configure.ac just
before AC_PROG_CC_C99. I never got this error here (Automake 1.11.6) and
I don't really understand since I'm not building any static libraries (I
thought I even explicitly disabled them in configure.ac:6 with
"disable-static").

If you happen to know the cause and/or don't mind taking a minute, could
you open an Issue on the Github project
(https://github.com/codebrainz/code-format/issues) and I'll see if I can
figure out what's happening there shortly.

Thanks,
Matthew Brush