[Geany-Users] Geany list

James Brierley jmb8710 at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 17:48:09 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 17:23, Doug Darrow wrote:
> Thanks for the replies. And kind offers of condolences.
>
> But I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear. If, in the normal edit
> window, I type the line 'for i=1, 10 do'<enter> I want it to
> automatically go to the next line with that line indented 3 spaces. ( or
> 2 or 4 or whatever the indentations is set to) and when I enter a line
> 'end'<enter> the 'end' is automatically unindented whatever the setting is.

Doug, try changing "Complete snippet" in Preferences (Keybindings) to
Enter, and add this to snippets.conf:

do=do\n\t%cursor%

That solves the first case. I’m afraid I don’t know if Geany supports
unindentation via snippets. Developers?

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

James

--
"Unix is the worst computer operating system, except
all the others that have been tried."