[Geany-Users] Geany annoying colors in auto-complete

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 15:28:20 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 05:44, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-11-09 09:33 PM, lmx wrote:
>> Hi guys..
>>
>> I am using the last version of Geany, with the*editor colors
>> switched*...I mean *background black, and foreground white.**
>> *
>> When I am coding...the auto-complete features starts to work, and
>> present me a background white, and the foreground for text is white too,
>> in the selected item... :S
>>
>> My selection color to chose the right keyword is green..this is very
>> annoying because it tires your eyes a lot, because you almost can't see
>> the keyword...and its ugly..
>>
>> The background have to switch too...black...and the foreground maybe
>> grey...i don't know, because in diferent operating systems, maybe the
>> selection color will be different...maybe an grey grey will be a
>> solution for all...at least a better solution,I think.
>>
>> look like this:
>> https://cld.pt/dl/download/0caff1c1-13de-459b-8de7-a398d5d7904d/Share/geany_annoying_auto_complection.png
>>

>> is there any solution, that I can make a workaround in the preferences
>> menu?Or does any body knows if it will be fixed?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>

> I don't know specifically but there's quite a few colour schemes that
> should avoid the problem at:
>
> https://github.com/geany/geany-themes
>
> Cheers,

Hi,
the themes, wont resolve the problem...I have tested oblivion2, and
vibrant, and when autocompletions enter in action...the box list is
background white, and foreground black...with the same problem, as
before for the selected item :(

for what I understood via grep in the source code of the last Geany...at
least some things related to autocompletion
came from /src/editor.c, and the config files for themes, etc, won't  be
readed for the list box of autocompletion :S

so this parameters are only setted in code, which, I think it would be
better to inherit the theme color scheme...

regards
tux