[Geany-Users] Geany annoying colors in auto-complete

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Sun Nov 10 06:26:13 UTC 2013

On 10/11/13 05:44, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 13-11-09 09:33 PM, lmx wrote:
>> Hi guys..
>>
>> I am using the last version of Geany, with the*editor colors
>> switched*...I mean *background black, and foreground white.**
>> *
>> When I am coding...the auto-complete features starts to work, and
>> present me a background white, and the foreground for text is white too,
>> in the selected item... :S
>>
>> My selection color to chose the right keyword is green..this is very
>> annoying because it tires your eyes a lot, because you almost can't see
>> the keyword...and its ugly..
>>
>> The background have to switch too...black...and the foreground maybe
>> grey...i don't know, because in diferent operating systems, maybe the
>> selection color will be different...maybe an grey grey will be a
>> solution for all...at least a better solution,I think.
>>
>> look like this:
>> https://cld.pt/dl/download/0caff1c1-13de-459b-8de7-a398d5d7904d/Share/geany_annoying_auto_complection.png
>>

>> is there any solution, that I can make a workaround in the preferences
>> menu?Or does any body knows if it will be fixed?
>>
>> thanks in advance
>>

> I don't know specifically but there's quite a few colour schemes that
> should avoid the problem at:
>
> https://github.com/geany/geany-themes
>
> Cheers,

Hi Matthew,

Does you know how can I "install"/copy this files to some place in geany
in a way that they act like the standard theme?
I supose that they will override the standard definitions in geany,
related to base theme right?
In geany we can't find a way in the menus for that...if I could know how
to "insert" this theme features would be nice ;)

thanks in advance

regards
tux