[Geany-Users] Setting a lexer and colors for None filetype

Jake Richards blaven at xxxxx
Fri Nov 8 17:35:17 UTC 2013

Hello:
  I have a bunch of log files that unfortunately do not have extensions.
 So, when geany opens them, they are using the fileType:None, which I
assume gets it's colors from the filetypes.common?  It seems though that I
can't seem to make any changes that affect my log file.  The colors are
always the default (all text black over white). I'd love to at least have
some simple lexer installed so numbers and strings are color coded or even
define a few keywords to hilite.  Is there a way to specify a lexer for the
None filetype?

As a second somewhat related question.  I have the lua plugin loaded and my
logs are always in a certain folder.  Is it possible to set the fileType
using lua and the open event?  I couldn't find the command in the lua geany
docs.

Thanks!
Jake