[Geany-Users] Auto-indenting R code

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Wed Nov 6 19:44:42 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM, James Brierley <jmb8710 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Frank, add the following to any file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d:
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/geany-dev/ppa/ubuntu raring main
> deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/geany-dev/ppa/ubuntu raring main
>
> I don’t think there are any problem dependencies that would prevent the
> raring package from installing on saucy. Usually (though certainly not
> always) installing a package built for an older distribution than you’re
> running is trouble-free. At least it has been for me in seven years using
> Debian-based operating systems, where third-party packages tend to be built
> for either the current stable release (Debian) or the current LTS release
> (Ubuntu).

To avoid testing binary-incompatibilities, a neater option in my
opinion is to 'copy packages' from
https://launchpad.net/~geany-dev/+archive/ppa/+packages to one of your
personal PPAs on Launchpad (it's really just a click of a button!).

For fun I copied  geany - 1.23+dfsg-1~hyper1+raring to
https://launchpad.net/~landronimirc/+archive/collection/+packages ,
and while doing so asked to 'rebuild' for 'Saucy'.

But all this is a moot point. Ubuntu Saucy already ships geany-1.23.1.
Frank, can you install that?

Regards,
Liviu