[Geany-Users] Creating a version of Geany for Microcontrollers

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Tue Nov 5 05:14:34 UTC 2013

On 05/11/13 03:17, Lex Trotman wrote:

> On 5 November 2013 13:11, James Brierley <jmb8710 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jmb8710 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi guys,
>
>     Just to say, I definitely think that extending Geany to support
>     microcontrollers and embedded development is a good idea -- I'm an
>     Arduino user myself and I can't stand the supplied (so-called) 'IDE'.
>
>     But -- just a suggestion -- I think it would be better to
>     implement this through plugins, rather than forking Geany or
>     deriving something completely separate. What I like about Geany is
>     that it's quite modular, and I think it's worth taking advantage
>     of this.
>

> Yes, such specific modifications to core probably will not be merged
> back into the upstream Geany.  But even very specific plugins can be
> part of geany-plugins.
Hi,
does you know if it's possible to add in some way the plugin GUI to the
right side of Geany, when it is loaded, without too much effort?

this is more or less , how it is at the moment.
https://meocloud.pt/link/0caff1c1-13de-459b-8de7-a398d5d7904d/Share

don't  look to the code( :-D )...its only a sketch, the code will be
revised further.

regards
tux