[Geany-Users] Creating a version of Geany for Microcontrollers

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Mon Nov 4 22:59:00 UTC 2013

On 03/11/13 11:06, major_ghz wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just begin learn python3, if i am more advanced in coding learning
> may i help you.
>
> i just encourage you to you're plugin added,may be just i will backing
> use information.
>
> but need to install dev version in a local floder for testing, i am on
> sqeeze and i need geany's stable version for my learning.
>
> sorry for my poor english,
> but is good way to progress.
Hi,
I am starting it, I will need a little of time to make something that
makes sense...
For now I notice that gtk have changed a lot...and the plugin will have
some deprecated code, but it will work...
I have not yet finished the GTK GUI...and there are a few things that
annoy me :S

For now I only have a window, with a notebook inside.
It will have tabbs(pages in gtk language)...

For now, 6 tabs :

Features - A Place where will be described the MCU caracteristics...
Diagram - Where will be a pinout description of the MCU, amd maybe more...
Peripherals - Where will be described the peripherals of the MCU settled
Registers - Where will be described the registers of the MCU
ASM Instructions  - where will be described the ASM instruction of MCU
Something Else - maybe a new "tabb" to add

The MCU will be settled, in a combo-box(in gtk I don't  know how to name
it), based in a pattern like (<Board>,<MCU>).

I don  know what mechanism will be better...a database, or files, so
store the info...
Files seems better to update content, because it doesn't  require too
much knowledge of the database tables...from the users side...
What do you think?
any idea of any functionality that must be included?

regards
tux