[Geany-Users] Creating a Plugin for Microcontrollers-STM8dev

lmx lmx1 at xxxxx
Fri Nov 1 06:19:18 UTC 2013

hi guys,
I am at the moment, and following some opinion's below, trying to create
a plugin for the SMT8 microcontroler...
The idea is bringing some support out-of-the-box, for documentation,
registers,assembler,etc for this arch...

My idea is creating a new "subwindow" for the right side of geany, where
i will have some "Tabbed Panes", or Gtk_notebook, with pages...

I Started today, I am new for GTK :(... I have done this:

https://meocloud.pt/link/2fabd07e-df66-4069-85cd-f277fc24fb4d/Share

this is the place where I want the "tabbed pane" .
I have done it in a windows, in next versions it will be included in
geany graphical environment.
The problem is...I can't change their name..it inherit the name of the
IDE(Geany) :S.

I created it with:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

GtkWidget *window=gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
//gtk_window_set_title(window->window,"STM8dev");

I tried(like you can see in the picture) with gtk directly, but it won't
work :S

Any Idea?

I started with gtk, because I don't know if it possible to do it in the
Geany glade xml...?

Another problem, is like you can see, the button(big button), have a
listener associated with, but if I click it, in the first time...it does
nothing...in the second it shutdowns, the GEANY IDE :S ??!!but I don
know if it kills that window in memory...

I done it with:

     gint delete( GtkWidget *widget,GtkWidget *event,gpointer data ){
         gtk_main_quit();    //------>what is the main
windows??????Geany or STM8dev plugin??????????????????
         return(FALSE);
     }
     button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("close-One more?None?Don't know");
     gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (button), "clicked",
                                GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (delete), NULL);
     gtk_table_attach_defaults(GTK_TABLE(table), button, 0,1,1,2);
     gtk_widget_show(button);

Thanks in advance for the help

regards
tux