[Geany-Users] multiple, non-adjacent lines selection

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed May 8 17:51:35 UTC 2013

On Tue, 7 May 2013 21:11:26 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can I use Geany to select multiple, non-adjacent lines? I looked into
> the extra selection plugin, but it doesn't seem to support this.

A lot of the extra select plugin deals with rectangular selections,
which are a bit of a mess in Scintilla, and incompatible with
multiply selections. So if you find some way to select multiply pieces
of text, you'd better _deactivate_ geanyextrasel to avoid collisions.
I have no plans to support multiply selections.

> For example I want to select line 3, then hold ctrl and select line
> 7; then press delete.

In X11, Ctrl+Mouse traditionally does rectangular selection, if
supported, and Alt+Mouse moves the current window (WM-dependent).

--
E-gards: Jimmy