[Geany-Users] no Terminal tab in Geany preferences??

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Mar 1 17:43:27 UTC 2013

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:56:19 -0800
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> > Why not just make it a hard dependency that's enabled by building against it at
> > build time instead of dlopen()ing it?
>
> +1, it would clean up a fair bit of extra code needed to dlopen it too.

We had a discussion on the topic some time ago, when I found two
crashes if Geany was compiled with vte support but started without
libvte...

--

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:08:33 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> IIUC that would mean that Geany binaries could not be run on any
> system without libvte9 installed, the user would have to re-compile?

And we had these argument as well...

--

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 14:24:37 +0100
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Am 01.03.2013 05:10, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> > FWIW I think Matthews suggestion of removing vte and using multiterm
> > is the "right" solution, then only multiterm depends on libvte and it
> > can be a hard depends.
>
> I like the normal terminal more than multiterm to be honest (sorry
> Matthew ;) ).

And so do I. Some time in the last year, I wanted to propose separating
our VTE terminal into a plugin, but was too busy with Scope. It's not a
very hard thing to to, though keeping the VTE prefs in the basic
prefs dialog is easier with an extra "settings-after-save signal" for
the plugin to be able to read the new values instead of the old ones.
That'll benefit any other plugins with VTE as well. What do you think?

[and if we apply "project-before-save" too, the settings/project save
will have similar signals - these are currently "save-settings"-before
and "project-save"-after-option]

--
E-gards: Jimmy