[Geany-Users] no Terminal tab in Geany preferences??

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Mar 1 04:10:11 UTC 2013

On 1 March 2013 15:05, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On 01/03/2013 11:08, Lex Trotman wrote:
>> IIUC that would mean that Geany binaries could not be run on any
>> system without libvte9 installed, the user would have to re-compile?
>> That doesn't sound acceptable to me.
>
> Conversely, what's the use-case of having binaries that were built with libvte9
> support, but run on systems without libvte9 support? Is it somehow desirable to
> not have libvte9 installed?

Well, thats a user decision.  Geany is supposed to require few
dependencies to run.

FWIW I think Matthews suggestion of removing vte and using multiterm
is the "right" solution, then only multiterm depends on libvte and it
can be a hard depends.