[Geany-Users] How to Set Custom Commands in Geany

Kostas Dimakis dimakis at xxxxx
Thu Jun 27 10:49:54 UTC 2013

On 06/27/2013 01:42 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>
>     I am sorry if i am being a pain guys. Matthew's adivce was great I
>     was able to add any commands i wished. The thing is doesn't work
>     properly, meaning the selection never gets send to the command.
>     eg: I select Documents and I send it to ls. Instead of listing the
>     Documents directory, it lists the current directory, ~ in this
>     case. I even tried full path. It doesn't work for grep command
>     either. What am I doing wrong this time?
>

> The selection is not made part of the command, it is sent to the
> standard input of the selection, and the standard output is pasted in
> the buffer in place of the selection. See
> http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#sending-text-through-custom-commands
>
> Cheers
> Lex
>
>     I appreciate your time
>     Kostas Dimakis

I see.. Actually I just tried ls<test (test being a file with the word
Documents written in it) and I got the same results as with Geany. Thank
you for your help and your quick reply.

Kostas Dimakis